In accordance with the Colorado Mask Mandate under the governor’s executive order, masks will be required at all times while in the Glendale Sports Center beginning July 17, 2020.
Welcome back to the Glendale Sports Center
We miss you! It’s been hard to be away from the people we care about. Thank you for persevering and doing your part to stay safe and stop the spread of coronavirus. Continue reading for an overview of what we are planning for your return, as well as where to find updates as more information becomes available.
There is nothing more important to us than the safety of our members and staff. Our plan to welcome you back will closely follow the guidelines released by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment to ensure that our facilities meet the highest standards for hygiene and safety. We will deliberately phase-in areas and amenities of low risk as we grow back to full capacity and resume programs.
Please note: The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment is still recommending that people 60 years and older and those with chronic conditions remain at home as much as possible, which may mean coming back to the Glendale Sports Center is not the right choice for these individuals right now.
PHASE II (starting September 8th)
Facility Hours will be modified
- Monday, Wednesday & Friday: 5:30 a.m. – 8:45a.m. and 11:15 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Tuesday & Thursday: 5:30 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Saturday: 7:30 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Sunday: 8:30 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Hours for Active Older Adults (ages 60+): Monday, Wednesday & Friday: 9 a.m.-11 a.m.
Precautions in Phase II
- Hand sanitizer and cleaning stations will be provided throughout the facility
- Staff are required to complete a daily health questionnaire and temperature checks upon entering the building
- Fitness areas will have limited capacity
- Fitness classes will be limited to 10 participants in the studio and 20 in the basketball court
- Members will have to reserve access for fitness classes online and through our mobile app Click here to register for in house classes.
- Locker rooms will be open for showers and restroom use
- Members must disinfect equipment before and after use
- Members will acknowledge their health screening and complete a one time covid-19 waiver. Click here to sign your waiver.
- Facility use will be for Glendale Sports Center members only. SilverSneakers and Renew Active participants are viewed as Glendale Sports Center members. We are unable to allow Denver YMCA members or guest passes at this time
- Only members ages 14 or older can use the fitness center & group classes during phase I
- Chairs in lobby will be moved or marked to avoid members from sitting less than 6 feet from each other
- Partial cardio and strength equipment will be available to allow for appropriate spacing and distancing
Activities/Amenities NOT available in Phase I
- Coffee will not be available at this time
- Water fountains: No drinking directly from the fountain. Bottle filling stations will be open.
- Lock service will not be offered (this is a permanent change)
Adapting our programs Now and into the future, we will continue to engage and serve all people where they are. This work includes:
- Live virtual workouts from our Y instructors (link)
- On-demand resources include workouts, tips for healthy living, and more (link)
- Provide resources for at-home activities for families
- Provide resources for at-home activities for seniors
- Ways to engage daily with us on Facebook and Instagram
- Continued outreach to vulnerable members, such as older adults and participants in chronic disease prevention programs
We’re so looking forward to welcoming you back. Thank you for staying with us.